Hello – thanks for visiting!
I’m Hilary, and, besides being very poor at writing biographies, here are some other qualities and quirks that I possess.
I’m a writer, cyclist, explorer and local enthusiast. I enjoy making DIY projects, watching my favourite movie, Amélie, and jogging outside between the months of January and February.
I like colour, mismatched jars and my button collection that combines these two things.
I once missed a Greyhound-like bus in Norway and had to cry to Norwegian speaking officials until I got back to where I was supposed to be.
I enjoy inserting personal side notes in brackets the way Chuck Klosterman employs footnotes.
My favourite food smells are lemon zest, almond extract and oven-baked brie. My favourite foods are zucchini, mushrooms, milk chocolate with sea salt, Stella Luna gelato and oven-baked brie.
Some things that I hope to be fortunate enough to do in my lifetime
- Road trip across Canada and make a documentary about my adventures
- Open some sort of food business (probably a bakery) in a shipping container in San Francisco
- Report from one (or more) of Canada’s territories
- Hike Machu Picchu, walk the Camino de Santiago, climb Mount Kilimanjaro and backpack through Nepal and India
- Learn to speak German
- Write my way around the world
I’m a recent graduate of Carleton University’s bachelor of journalism program. After I graduated I sucked up my pride and dragged my independent butt back home to Sudbury where I now live and report for CBC radio, which is super fun and awesome. You should visit our website.
Need to talk? You can drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.